Friday, December 14, 2012

Cyrano

Personally I loved Cyrano. He reminded me of myself when I read the play. Not so much in what he looks like but more so in what he is known for. I pride myself on being good with words, and Cyrano can speak like no other. Unfortunately I found this a bit of a difficult read at first but once I took my time to reread it a few times, I was finally able to get the play. I disagree with Cyrano's actions to not tell his love that it was him she fell in love with. Cyrano really dropped the ball there. But in grand Cyrano fashion he still managed to make the reveal as dramatic and breathetaking as possible. I'm afraid I couldn''t see the story ending any other way, for if Cyrano did tell her that he was the one who wrote her all the letters and spoke for the man she thought she loved it would take away from his character and the beauty of the whole situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment