Friday, December 14, 2012

Our Town

When reaading the play I was really interested and engaged. The idea of a stage manager talking to the audience was actually a really interesting choice and one that I wish was explored more a little bit in Theatre. It's not everyday you see a  character actually breaking the fourth wall. Not just in theatre but even in televison, and in a play its so much more personal as they are right there in front of you. I thought the play portrayed all the characteristics of life in a very general way and it was a smooth read for the most part. I just was really curious to see how The play would be performed with very minimal props and little to no set or scenery. I feel it would add to the play more if they had more physical objects there. On paper when I read it, there is no problem, but I feel it is hard to be invested in a play when I'm constantly realizing it is a play everytime I'm watching it due to the lack of props.

No comments:

Post a Comment