Sunday, December 2, 2012

our town


    Our town holds a special place in my theatre past, I performed this play in the 7th grade and I hated it. I was much more receptive to reading Our Town this time around, and I was able to pick up on so much more of the underlying themes. Grovers Corners reminds me of the town that my grand parents used to live in, and reading Our Town this time actually made me miss it a little bit. There is just something about small towns where the time seems to move more slowly, and the people are nicer and actually give a dang. This play has become sort of out of date, which is saddening. The American dream seems to be dying, or shifting at least, people don’t want the same things anymore. I really enjoyed reading this play, it finally resonated with me this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment