Friday, December 14, 2012

Virginia Woolf

This play was somewhat of an anomoly to me. I personally can not understand people who would lie like that. George and Martha strike me as very educated and of course well spoken. But their craziness outweighs it all. It makes one wonder what exactly happened to make them decide to go on with such an elaborate ruse. Was it boredom in their marriage? Did they have a son that died as an infant? Was their some kind of rift and this is the only way to bring them back together? I don't know but George and Martha are seriously some head cases. Looking at the whole situation you can't help but feel sorry for the young couple there. But they do get sucked into the BS and it overcomes them. If they would have just taken a stand and left when it started to get crazy they could have a avoided all the nonsense. Then again, if that happened we wouldnt have been able to read about the experience, which, while leaving me scratching my head, made for a VERY interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment