Friday, December 14, 2012

True West

I loved True West. It was one of my favorite play this semester. The idea of a modern day west is truly hard to dipict, but Sam Shepard definitely found a way in my opinion. The ideas of two brothers fighting is the most natural and modern dipiction of a mexican stand off in my opinion. Two brothers fighting over a toy. Who will get it? Neither will give up. It was the mentality of the old west. I loved the idea of the brothers personalities starting to switch and them turning into each other. In my mind it was still just a competition to see who the best was. You could sympathize with both characters at different points, but overall I don't think one brother would be able to exist without the other. And the mother abssolutely did not help at all. You would think she would have tried to do a better job at raising her children but she completely drops the ball which is a shame. I think both brothers had potential for great things as they could adapt to each others situation almost effortlessly. It was s hame they chose to fight most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment